Already Registered? Check Here!
Top 10 Notices
1. PARKING: Parking and directions can be found here. Be sure to scout parking areas when you arrive to pick up your race packet on Friday or Saturday at the expo. Seaport Blvd. will close at 4am on race day.
2. ARRIVAL: Plan to arrive by 6am on race day - Take into account the traffic created by 10,000 runners convening at one time. Lines to parking, security and at race start line can be long.
3. RACE PACKETS: If picking up your own bib -Please have your photo ID. If a friend is picking up for you – the person picking up must bring a copy of your completed form (sent separately on 5/21/19 via email) with them to bib pick up at the race expo. They do NOT need a copy of your ID – but will need their ID.
4. WEEKEND CELEBRATION: Boston's Run To Remember is more than just a run, it's a weekend long celebration at the Seaport Hotel. Join us with free admission on Saturday, May 23 for fun for the whole family. Plus, we'll again have our Free Kids Fun Run on Saturday at 10am. A few of the many additional activities include: Shriner Clowns, DJ music, a storyteller and if available, a demonstration by the Police Dogs.
5. SECURITY: Upon arrival all runners and spectators entering the start and finish area on Seaport Boulevard will pass through security. Clear bags will be available at the Expo. Baby bags will be allowed - but will be searched. Runners arriving with no bag or a clear bag will move through security much quicker.
6. LOCKERS: The Mobile Locker Co. will be onsite again this year so you can lock up your stuff and race stress-free! Locker rentals start at $5, or rent online in advance: The better alternative to bag check - Reserve your locker now www.themobilelockerco.com
7. 2021 REGISTRATION: Register for the lowest rate available at our expo on Friday or Saturday (Registration is cash only).
8. RACE MERCHANDISE: Looking for race merchandise? Purchase at the Expo.
9. SWITCHING RACES & TRANSFERRING RACE NUMBERS: We can no longer make race switches or transfers online or through email. However, You may still switch races at packet pick up at the expo. Be sure to use the correct bib number for the race you will actually run. Each distance has its own series with computer chips. This is for your safety and correct scoring. NOTE: If you would like to switch from the 5 mile race to the half marathon or the half marathon to the 5 mile race, this can be done at the race Expo (You will have to pay the price difference if switching up to the half marathon - cash only). If you would like to transfer your race number to another person, this can also be done at the expo as well. The new participant will need to complete the registration form found here and have a note from you stating you want to transfer your registration to them.
10. REGISTRATION STILL OPEN: Online registration will remain open until race morning. If you have friends or family that want to join you and run, please tell them to register online or in-person at our Expo event on Friday or Saturday, May 22 & 23 or race morning Sunday, May 24. Note that lines are long and our volunteers get overwhelmed Sunday morning.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. STROLLERS: NO Strollers - in either race! This is a safety issue for not only the well-behaved child, but especially for the 10,000 other runners that will be running with you. The licensing authorities state no strollers for events of this size.
2. WALKING: Walkers are not allowed on the Half Marathon Course. Walkers may walk the 5 Mile as those streets are closed longer. There is a 3 hour limit on street closures per order of the city. The city feels there are 63 walkathons in the city for people to walk. They want us to stress that the Half Marathon course is a run. If you alternate running with occasional walking - and you can finish within 3 hours you will be fine.
3. DEFERRALS/REFUNDS: As clearly stated when registering and as is the case for almost all races this size - we do not offer deferrals for another year or any refunds.
4. START TYPE: We will be using a pulse start. Corals are not pre-assigned. There will be PACE signs. You should line up based upon the pace you will be running. Finish times for age groups is based upon your net time. Your time starts when you cross the start line.
5. REGISTRATION CHANGES: If you need to make any changes to your registration this can easily be done at the expo when picking up your bib. There will be volunteers who can make changes in the database for you.
6. SECURITY: Remember the new normal for large scale events - try to bring only clear bags with you to the race. At the Expo Friday and Saturday, we will have clear bags available at the T-shirt booth. There will be security check points as in the past five years that you will have to go through to get into the start and finish line areas on Sunday. The clear bags, or no bags will make the experience quicker. There will be self-serve bag check, that is not staffed, there will also be mobile lockers that you can rent while there, the best rule is to leave valuables in your car or at home.
7. CHARITY: To our many charity runners - CONGRATULATIONS on the tremendous difference you make - last year charities benefited by over $300,000 from this event.
8. ON COURSE: We will have Gatorade stations at multiple locations on the Half Marathon course and once on the 5-Mile course. We will also have GU available at one station for the Half Marathon.
9. DOGS: No Dogs Allowed
10. EXPERIENCE: With over 10,000 runners, there may be many who are out there to achieve a PR or to win an age group, - if you are not in that category - then it is all about enjoying the experience. You will do fine! Come prepared to be with 10,000 running friends that are there for the same reason you are - to honor 1st Responders, to enjoy the experience and to be able to say - you did it!
11. VOLUNTEERS - as we stated earlier, this is a volunteer run event- we are always looking for more volunteers, if you or someone you now is interested in volunteering on race weekend- check out our volunteer opportunities here.
It is very important that you run with the correct bib assigned to the correct race. Each bib has a different color and timing chip series. Running with the wrong bib causes confusion on the course, can lead to injury and your time wont be recorded.
You can switch from the half marathon to the 5 mile or the 5 mile to half marathon (you will need to pay the price difference). This can be done at the expo on Friday or Saturday.
You can transfer your registration to another participant, they would need to complete a paper registration form and bring it to the expo with a note from you stating you would like to transfer you bib to them.
You can donate your registration to one of our charity partners.
Like most major races, we are unable to offer deferrals or refunds.
Are You already registered?
Runners will pick up your packets at the race expo, Friday, May 22 from 3-7 and Saturday, May 23 from 9-5 at the Seaport Hotel. Your bib will be under your last name, so you do not need to know your bib #. If you registered with your Facebook log in, your bib may be under your Facebook name.
Remember there is a 3 hour course time limit for both distances, this is mandated by the city.
No strollers or child wheeled joggers are allowed on the race course.
Already registered? Check here
Both races start at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 24.