RACE DAY INFORMATION
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Half Marathon Start- 7:00 a.m.
5 Mile Start- 7:00 a.m.
*the below information is from the 2019 race, as we get closer to May 24, we will do our best to provide updated information.
Please review the map for, getting to, and where to park for race day, May 24, 2020. We want to be sure you have the most detailed info on where to park as it relates to the start / finish line. Keep in mind that Boston is an expensive city for parking. While there are several mid size lots in the area of the race start - the two largest are the Seaport Hotel parking lot - accessible from Congress Street near Seaport lane and the new MassPort parking garage which is between Congress Street, World Trade Center Ave and D Streets. It is best to check out how to access any parking lot while you are at the race expo on Friday or Saturday. This will help increase efficiency and traffic flow for all on race morning. Arriving early is always a good idea.
Rates listed are subject to change and some lots may be full or not available on race morning.
We suggest that runners use lots off of Congress Street.
We strongly recommend that runners avoid lots on the water side/north side, of Seaport Blvd as many of these lots will not be accessible during the race.
There are multiple parking lots accessible from Congress Street. Seaport Blvd will be closed starting at 4:00 am on race day and will not reopen until after the race.
To cut down on congestion we are not recommending one travel option over another. It is best to plan extra time so that you are not delayed getting to the start line. Boston is a congested city and extra time is always advised.
Consider using a transportation service such as Uber, Lyft or a taxi.
A 7am Wave Start will be incorporated in the Run To Remember. Both the Half Marathon & 5 mile participants will begin at the same Start Line based on running pace. On the course, there will be “split signage” and course marshals to indicate where the two races will split on the course.
The Starting Line Corral system ensures a smooth race start for the multitude of participants at varying experience and fitness levels. Pace signs will be posted at the race Start Line so that runners can line up based upon their own expected pace.
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pick Up is available per the following schedule:
• Friday, May 22- 3pm to 7pm
• Saturday, May 23 – 9am to 5pm
Bib Pick Up, the Expo and kids activities take place inside the Seaport Hotel, 1 Seaport Lane, Boston, MA 02210
Bib Pick Up takes place inside the Seaport Hotel. All bibs will be available under the registered runner’s last name. Please be sure to confirm you are picking up the correct bib. You do not need to know your bib number to pick up your bib.
There will be kids activities available from 10am – 3pm on Saturday at the Expo, including a free Kids Fun Run where every kid gets a bib and an award.
It is not mandatory that you pick up your individual race packet. Family or designated friends may pick up your number if they have their ID with them and a note or email from you. Your ID is not necessary.
Each race bib contains an appropriate timing chip. If you are picking up multiple race bibs, please be sure to write names on the back of each bib so that you give the correct race bib to the correct person.
Often times, people want to pick up another person’s bib as a favor to them, assuming they will meet up with them later in the day. This is fine as long as you are 100% sure you will in fact meet up with that individual. Otherwise, you have taken their race bib and they have to try and find you.
All race participants will receive:
Short sleeve race shirt
Bag Check available (self serve)
Post race food
Free access to Sports and Fitness Expo
When picking up your bib, you will receive:
Timing chip which will match your bib number
(4) safety pins
Instructions on using your timing chip
The race bib should be worn on the front of the shirt with the (4) safety pins that are in the envelope.
On race day, you must wear your Timing Chip appropriately. At the start of the race you will run across a mat that records your start time. Once you cross this mat your Tag is activated and your start time has begun. If it takes you a few minutes to cross the starting line after the race has officially started, do not panic. Your net time does not start counting until your individual Chip has crossed the mat.
If you do not wear the issued Chip you will not be included in the race results. It is not permitted to wear anyone else’s Chip.
Upon finishing the race you will again cross a mat and your time will be stopped. If you need assistance on using this chip volunteers will be on hand to assist and instructions will be included in your race bib packet.
Enjoy your race!
Half Marathon - Non Cash Awards
Top 3 - Male & Female in each division
18 and Under
5 Mile Run - Non Cash Awards
Top 3 - Male & Female in each division
15 and Under
1st Responder Challenge
5 or more active sworn officers from any 1st Responder Department may compete in the 1st Responder Challenge. Times are averaged and three fastest teams will win a donation to their favorite charity.
Awards are based on NET/Chip times.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. STROLLERS: NO Strollers - in either race! This is a safety issue for not only the well-behaved child, but especially for the 10,000 other runners that will be running with you. The licensing authorities state no strollers for events of this size.
2. WALKING: Walkers are not allowed on the Half Marathon Course. Walkers may walk the 5 Mile as those streets are closed longer. There is a 3 hour limit on street closures per order of the city. The city feels there are 63 walkathons in the city for people to walk. They want us to stress that the Half Marathon course is a run. If you alternate running with occasional walking - and you can finish within 3 hours you will be fine.
3. DEFERRALS: As clearly stated when registering and as is the case for almost all races this size - we do not offer deferrals for another year or any refunds.
4. START TYPE: We will be using a pulse start. Corals are not pre-assigned. There will be PACE signs. You should line up based upon the pace you will be running. Finish times for age groups is based upon your net time. Your time starts when you cross the start line.
5. REGISTRATION CHANGES: If you need to make changes to your race distance, this can be done online - To make the switch, visit your Chronotrack profile and login with your email and password. If you checked out as a guest when you registered for the race, you can click Forgot Password to set up your password. Once logged in, you will see a “Change Race” button. Follow the prompts and if you are switching into a more expensive race, you will need to pay the difference.
6. SECURITY: Remember the new normal for large scale events - try to bring only clear bags with you to the race. At the Expo Friday and Saturday, we will have clear bags available at the T-shirt booth. There will be security check points as in the past five years that you will have to go through to get into the start and finish line areas on Sunday. The clear bags, or no bags will make the experience quicker. There will be self-serve bag check, that is not staffed, there will also be mobile lockers that you can rent while there, the best rule is to leave valuables in your car or at home.
7. CHARITY: To our many charity runners, Congratulations on your success. If you would like more information about our Charity Program please email us at BostonRunToRemember@gmail.com or go to our Charity Program page
8. ON COURSE: We will have Gatorade stations at multiple locations on the Half Marathon course and once on the 5-Mile course. We will also have GU available at one station for the Half Marathon.
9. DOGS: No Dogs Allowed
10. EXPERIENCE: With over 10,000 runners, there may be many who are out there to achieve a PR or to win an age group, - if you are not in that category - then it is all about enjoying the experience. You will do fine! Come prepared to be with 10,000 running friends that are there for the same reason you are - to honor 1st Responders, to enjoy the experience and to be able to say - you did it!
11. VOLUNTEERS: as we stated earlier, this is a volunteer run event- we are always looking for more volunteers, if you or someone you now is interested in volunteering on race weekend- check out our volunteer opportunities here.
Visit us at the race weekend expo.
Friday 3pm - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
or pre-race Sunday morning starting at 5:45 am
Both races start at 7am
Remember traffic in the area will be heavy and there will be lines on race morning, so it is best to register early.
Race Expo and Race Start
World Trade Center
200 Seaport Blvd, Boston